Happy 3rd Anniversary Sylvester!
I on the other hand still marvel at how far he has come and what a happy, well adjusted cat he has blossomed into.
I was looking back at Sylvester’s Blog and reminiscing about the various milestones:
Sylvester purrs for the first time.
- Sylvester rolls near me for the first time.
- Sylvester pushes into my hand for pets & does his first elevator butt!
- Sylvester calls to Kermit and Kermit replies.
- Sylvester makes bread for the first time.
- Sylvester twitters at Kermit & Sal.
- Sylvester comes to the door when I get home.
- I woke in middle of the night 2 nights in a row with Sylvester on my chest.
- Sylvester has started to sleep with us; at Bob’s feet or on the perch.
- Sylvester sits on my lap for the first time.
There have been many “firsts” in Sylvester’s three years with us and the wonderful part is that they continue. Maybe each one is not as monumental as in his early days with us, but he continues to evolve and grow in confidence and trust. His confidence in himself and trust in us allows him to be more relaxed, content and inquisitive and all of that leads to new behaviors.
One of the joys we get nowadays while watching Sylvester’s continuing journey of discovery is seeing him learning how to play. As those of you familiar with Sylvester’s story know, he never had the chance to be a care free kitten and never learned to play. We now catch him tossing a catnip filled mouse in the air or poking at various cat toys.
So, happy anniversary Sylvester and thank you for being one of the GKR cats who have taught me:
- That love and patience can be transforming.
- That courage comes in all sizes, even in a 10 pound fluffy tuxedo cat.
- That a willing spirit is resilient in the face of adversity.
- That earning trust is a privilege and an honor.
As Kermit would say, “I yuv you!” ♥